RESULTS OF RECENT HIRING:
We welcome two new employees to the Wales Home this month. Please be sure to introduce yourself to them and help them feel welcome during their orientation and integration with us. :)
- Anna Driver, Caregiver
- Amanda Blouin-Cookman, Food Services
We welcome back to the Wales Home:
- Fabio Ardila
- Machorinna Abbang
SUMMER VACATION CALENDAR:
As you are aware, the Summer Vacation Calendar is in circulation for staff and nursing employees. Please remember that you have a twenty-four-hour time limit to indicate your choice before passing the calendar to the next person. The Human Resources Department is not responsible for reminding or prompting employees to ensure that this procedure occurs; rather, the employees are responsible. :) Thank you in advance for your usual collaboration and understanding!
employee & resident referral incentive:
A memo was recently sent to invite staff to recommend new employees to submit their CV and application to work a the Wales Home, the basis of which can be found in the Employee Handbook under "Employee/Resident referral incentive." Despite our efforts to recruit and hire, we still need to continue to add resources to our team!
The following is an excerpt from the above-mentioned memo. Thank you for your interest and help!
"A bonus of $125.00 will be awarded to employees who refer a resident or another employee if:
- The referred person becomes a resident of the Wales
- The referred employee successfully completes the probationary period
- All referrals must be transmitted in writing to the Human Resources Department and/or the Executive Director."
HUMAN RESOURCES GUIDELINES:
The Human Resources Department thanks you for respecting the guidelines that were sent out in November. We greatly appreciate your efforts as we continue to accommodate your needs, requests, and calls! Please find below a reminder of these guidelines:
"Amanda Gunter and Joyce Jolin will not be available to answer phone calls or meet with employees between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.. Please leave them a voicemail or send an email during this time frame, for which you can expect a reply within twenty-four hours, depending on the degree of urgency. You may request to schedule a meeting with the Human Resource employees outside of these hours.
- Call-ins must be done at least two hours prior to the scheduled shift and you must speak with someone. Do not send an email. Call-ins are the exception for calling during the 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. time period.
- All requests for time off must be in writing, in accordance with the scheduling policy, and handed in by the deadline. All requests given after the designated limit, regardless of the reason, will not be treated and the employee will be responsible for finding their own replacement.
- Internal mailbox: There is a box designated for Human Resources among the internal mailboxes located in the Main Lobby. Please leave your requests and documents intended for Human Resources in this box. Human Resources employees check this box several times per day to ensure that all documents are treated promptly."