Happy May! Honestly, not much is new in the Activity Department. We are doing our best to get through this pandemic and I tip my hat to those of you who adapted and sacrificed during this time to keep us safe and healthy. Fortunately, spring is here and with this new season, we envision hope on the horizon.
You may have noticed that, because we are limited for activities due to the pandemic, we are trying to spice things up by having Friday Theme Days. Please keep an eye out for these thematic events and share with the residents.
With warmer weather coming, we will be able to assist residents outside with a few volunteers. If any of your residents would appreciate some fresh air, please let us know.
Thank you for your continued support and assistance by getting residents ready for activities or simply lending a helping hand. Your care does not go unnoticed. If you have activity suggestions, please let us know.
NATIONAL DENIM DAY:
Residents and employees are invited to don their denim on May 11th to support National Denim Day. The Activity Department and Kristie will accept monetary donations but will be unable to offer change due to the pandemic.
JERUSALEMA DANCE CHALLENGE:
The Activity and Therapy Departments are once again inviting residents and personnel to share in a new festive dance challenge which we will film. Please click here for inspiration. We welcome you to participate in this fun event! Here is the tentative schedule:
- Monday, May 10th:
- 9:30 a.m. for Manning Basement residents after bingo
- 1:30 p.m. for Shaw 4 residents and employees after bingo
- Tuesday, May 11th:
- 1:30 p.m. for Manning and Shaw 1 residents and employees after bingo
- 2:30 p.m. for Manning and Shaw 2 residents and employees after bingo
- Thursday, May 13th:
- 10:00 a.m. for Shaw 3 residents after bingo
- Monday, May 17th:
- 10:30 a.m. for Norton 2 residents and employees after B Ball
- 2:10 p.m. for Norton 1 residents and employees after bingo
- 3:10 p.m. for Norton 3 residents and employees after bingo
"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination." - Jimmy Dean
Happy Mother's Day!
Marie-Christine Clément-Savage & Carol Ann McElrea
CHSLD Activity Coordinator & Acitivity Coordinator and Social Intervenor
819-826-3266 extension 263 & 819-826-3266 extension 244