Wishing you the best October! I hope you get the chance to enjoy the cooler weather and beautiful scenery this time of year has to offer. Happy fall, y'all!
In September, our job postings gained a lot of traction. We were able to hire five new caregivers, five food services employees, and a human resources officer.
On that note, Karine Bernier will assume the Clinical Scheduler and Occupational Health and Safety role in mid-October. Karine comes to us with twelve years of scheduling and health and safety experience. We are pleased to welcome her to our team and look forward to her arrival. In the meantime, Roxanne and Carolyn continue to attend to her tasks.
This summer was difficult on us and I hope our continued efforts to recruit new employees will soon allow us to breathe easier. Please hang in there, colleagues!
Please remember that we are hosting final-year LPN students from the Lennoxville Vocational Training Centre for their stages. Here are some basic details about each stage:
- October 13th to November 2nd: Six students will be present for their Rehabilitation Stage at which time they will work primarily with the Therapy Department
- November 3rd to November 23rd: A second group of six students will be present for their Rehabilitation Stage
- December 7th to December 22nd: Three students will be present for their Integration Stage
Additionally, on October 9th, Darrell Gillim will be here with a group of sixteen caregiving students from LVTC to tour the building and shadwo our CHSLD caregivers for the day.
Finally, starting on October 19th, two groups of six Nursing students from Champlain College will begin their stages on Norton 2 and 3. The students will be present for six consecutive Mondays.
Please give these students and their teachers a warm welcome and share you knowledge!
We are pleased to welcome the following employees to the Wales team:
- Caregivers: Riza Vaillamara, Jason Malong, Nevada Lane, Jenny Richard, and Meagann Lefebvre
- Food Services: Brooklyn Grainger, Maverick Abbang, Antoine Martin, Dustin Roy, and Elizabeth McCourt
- Administration: Karine Bernier
Welcome; we are happy to have you on our team!
Human Resources Officer - Employee Relations Coordinator & Hiring Manager
819-826-3266 extension 223