1. Overview | Preamble
The privacy and security of your personal data are our top priorities. The Wales Home, the CHSLD Wales, and the Wales Foundation are committed to protecting your personal information and your privacy.
This policy describes how we collect, use, protect, and share your personal information. It also explains how you can request modifications or access to this information. Moreover, at the end of this policy, you will find various tools that allow you to limit the use we can make or allow of your personal data, especially in the context of fundraising.
This policy applies to our donors, employees, volunteers, board members, or anyone from whom we obtain personal information while fulfilling our mission or a mandate entrusted to us by a duly authorized representative.
4. Types de personal information and their use
4.1 What is considered personal information?
Personal information, as defined by the law, is any information related to a natural person that directly or indirectly identifies them. Examples include names, postal addresses, email addresses, and bank details.
We collect only the personal information needed to fulfill our mission and communicate with you. Under no circumstances, except those potentially provided by law, will we share your personal or donation details with anyone, whether it's an individual, company, or other organization, unless they are one of our suppliers and this information is shared to achieve our mission and activities. Here are the details of the information we might collect:
4.1.1 Identity information
In reference to our governance policy, identity information includes identity and contact data:
- Mandatory | Data needed for the platform’s forms:
- Full name (first and last)
- Email address
- Postal address
- Optional | Data not immediately collected as they aren’t mandatory:
- Phone number(s)
- If applicable | Data collected in specific cases:
- Username (for login purposes)
- Professional experiences and references (when applying through our platform)
- Any information requested by the organization via dynamic forms
- Any comment submitted to the organization
Here’s why we collect this data:
- To process your donations and issue tax receipts;
- To provide the requested information;
- To create, complete, or update your file upon request;
- To respond to comments or questions;
- To communicate with you appropriately;
- To assess your application for a job or volunteer position;
- To invite you to participate in our events, campaigns, and other activities related to our organization’s mission.
4.1.2 Transaction related information (donations & orders)
Information related to transactions is necessary for processing your donations and orders made through our web platform. Here's the data we collect for this purpose:
- Mandatory | Required information to complete any transaction:
- Mandatory identity details mentioned above;
- Transaction amount (donation or order);
- Payment method (credit card, check, etc.);
- Financial information: Credit card: card type, last 4 digits, expiration date, and cardholder's name;
- Donation target (campaign) or donation allocation (if applicable);
- Type of donation (monetary, in-kind donation, etc.);
- Product(s) purchased.
- If applicable | Data collected in specific or optional cases:
- Comment written with a donation;
- Details of person(s) to notify in case of a donation "In honor of" or "In memoriam".
Here’s why we collect this data:
- To complete your transaction (donation or order);
- To issue tax receipts;
- To track recurring donations’ commitment;
- To process your payment method details with our payment gateway;
- To notify the appropriate person of donations made "In honor of" or "In memoriam".
4.1.3 Web Navigation Information
When you visit a website, whether it's our organization's or any other site, computer systems automatically record specific data. Some data collection can be avoided, while in other cases, we have no means of doing so. Here are the types of information collected and the reasons why:
- Connection address (IP);
- Device information;
- Date and time of actions taken on the platform;
4.2 How is Personal Information Collected
Personal information is collected during the following actions:
- Making a donation or purchase.
- Subscribing to a newsletter to receive information.
- Participating in a fundraising event or campaign.
- Becoming a volunteer, employee, or partner of the organization.
- Applying for a job or volunteer position.
- Communicating with the organization by phone, email, or social media.
- Creating an account or logging in via the web platform.
- Entering information on the web platform.
4.3 Who Is Personal Information Shared With?
Rest assured, your personal information is neither sold nor exchanged with other organizations or businesses. Below is a non-exhaustive list of our service providers:
Their role on the platform
OVH or AWS
Hosting and servers
5. Data hosting
The servers hosting the Donna solution and its databases are located in Quebec or France, depending on our client's origin. Only payment gateways and acquirers (Bambora and Stripe) are located outside Quebec, remaining either in Canada or France, once again depending on our client’s origin. However, personal information is always governed by Law 25 in Quebec and the GDPR in France.
6. Retention of Personal Information
Personal information and other details obtained via the web platform (donations, purchases, contacts, etc.) are kept as long as necessary for the purposes described in this policy and in the policy for data retention, destruction, and anonymization, in compliance with legal obligations.
7. Protection of Personal Information
Granular access to personal information is only provided when necessary. Therefore, only authorized and qualified personnel, needing to consult your personal information for their role, have access. However, no security measure is absolute or fully guaranteed. If you believe your personal information's security is compromised, please contact us immediately using the details in the "How to Contact Us?" section.
7.1 Rights Regarding Personal Information
You can access your personal information held by us free of charge, and where applicable:
- Request its correction, as allowed or required by law.
- Request the removal of outdated or unjustified information.
- Submit written comments.
To do so, you can contact us (see the "How to Contact Us?" section). However, in case of abuse, the organization reserves the right to impose administrative fees.
To update your personal information, please contact us as soon as possible.
7.2 Withdrawing Your Consent
You can withdraw your consent for the use, sharing, and retention of personal or other information about you by Donna Suites Inc. at any time. This withdrawal could be total, which might mean we can no longer offer certain services, like issuing tax receipts, or it could pertain to specific operations or their frequency. To do this, you can contact us.
8. Policy Update
If significant changes are made to this policy, e.g., to comply with new legal requirements, we will notify you in advance so you can make an informed decision regarding our services. We will provide the updated policy on the website or otherwise, indicating the last revision date. If you've provided us with your contact details, we will send a modification notice.
9. How to Contact Us
For any questions or comments about this policy or personal information protection, please contact our data protection officer at: email@example.com.
Our data protection officer is responsible for responding to access or rectification requests, information inquiries, and any complaints you might have regarding our practices related to your personal information.