The role of the Physical Readaptation Therapist is to assist the interdisciplinary teams at The Wales Home in collaboration with the full time Physical Rehabilitation Therapist in maximizing the autonomy of the residents through the treatment of muscular-skeletal disorders. The employee is also in charge of the supplies and maintenance of the equipment needed in relation to rehabilitation activities.
- E.C en techniques de réadaptation physique
- Ordre Professionnel de la Physiothérapie du Québec, Code de Déontologie
- 1 to 2 years of experience with supervision of personnel
- Genuine compassion and caring for seniors.
- Good communication skills – capability to express oneself fluently in English
- Good interpersonal relationship and a respectful attitude
- Teamwork oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Teamwork and collaboration with the full time Physical Rehabilitation Therapist
- Administer physical therapy in treatment programs according to orders of the physicians.
- Provides a variety of treatment techniques for residents with a specific diagnosis
- Orders and maintains supplies for physiotherapy and to support the mobility, transfers and hygiene of the residents.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team and provides education to staff/residents/families.
- Uses treatment techniques as therapeutic interventions including; exercises, massage, heat, ultra-sounds, light and electrical treatments, thermotherapy.
- Assists residents in walking and in acquiring skills needed for daily living.
- Supports residents in the use and care of artificial limbs, braces, mobility aids and other devices
- Orders supplies needed for rehabilitation therapy and ordering pieces that need repair.
- Works closely with maintenance department in maintaining equipment in good order for use.
- Provides education to the staff, residents and families about lifting, positioning, daily exercises or treatments etc.
- Makes a report to the CLSC or with the family if patient is returning home. Organise this return when therapy is mainly involved.
- Any other task that meets and respects the employee’s capabilities that can contribute to the success and help achieve the goals of the department and the Home.